As a Team Manager you will be responsible for managing and supervising a team of locality based qualified and unqualified Social Care staff delivering a range of services to safeguard vulnerable children and promote good outcomes for young people in need, and children looked after.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the staff team and the associated financial and physical resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring a high standard of professional practice within the team and making positive use of the Service’s information systems.
- Demonstrating leadership and motivational skills, ensuring good communication within the Division, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and service user focus that delivers good outcomes for children and adults.
- Ensuring that referrals are dealt with promptly, work allocated appropriately, assessments completed to timescales and case plans progressed speedily to produce positive outcomes for service users and the maximum possible consistency and continuity for children and their families.
- Taking lead responsibility for facilitating, co-ordinating and recording interagency strategy discussions and for initiating child protection investigations where indicated.
- Managing staff working at times in isolation and on home visits, ensuring that adequate measures are in place to support staff investigating safeguarding concerns.
- Providing management cover for other teams across the Service where required.
- Taking reasonable care for own health and safety and that of other people, ensuring the implementation of appropriate procedures and practice.
- Dip SW/CQSW or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of current social work legislation, issues and good practice in respect of children and families.
- Substantial experience as a Social Care Practitioner with Children & Families in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage budgets and other departmental resources effectively.
- Ability to use information technology as an effective management tool in compliance with the data protection act.
- Ability to work effectively with service users as well as a range of agencies and professional groups, in order to deliver good outcomes for children.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K