Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking assessments and creating effective support plans.
- Promoting access to social, leisure and education opportunities to enrich service users quality of life.
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with service users, parents, carers and professionals regardless of their spoken language or communication skills.
- Providing advice, guidance and consultation to social care practitioners, families, carers, support staff and other professionals.
- Taking part in regular professional supervisions and appraisal processes.
- Writing reports, case records and correspondences in line with departmental guidelines and policies.
- Ensuring value for money principles are applied in all areas of service delivery in consultation with supervisors, managers and partner agencies.
- Experience of using person centred approaches to enable service users to achieve their goals, outcomes and maximise their independence.
- Experience of working with children and young people / adults with learning disability and/or autism who display behaviour that challenges.
- Knowledge of clinical frameworks of Applied Behavioural Analysis and Positive Behavioural Support.
- Knowledge of legislation, statutory guidance and the social work and care management practice, particularly relating to safeguarding practice.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues relating to communities from diverse backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships with both staff and be able to use specialist communication tools with children, young people and adults who may be non verbal or have communication difficulties.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K