Working as a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, you will be providing high quality speech and language therapy to young adults with a learning disability and a range of complex needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing subsequent progress reports.
- Determining aims and objectives for the development of communication skills in line with students’ EHCPs inco-operation with education.
- Participating in the delivery of in-house training courses.
- Delivering specialist programmes to enable students to access the curriculum and achieve their individual learning goals.
- Planning, leading and supervising communication sessions for groups of students.
- Ensuring all clinical decisions are made under HCPC regulations.
- Keeping up-to-date written student records and personal clinical observations.
- Contributing to departmental research and development activities.
- Speech and Language Therapy qualification.
- Minimum of 5 year’s post qualification experience.
- Registration with the Health Professionals Council.
- Experience in working with young adults.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A commitment to the development of opportunities for inclusion by all students.
- A willingness to learn new tasks and undertaking further training.