As a Child and Family Worker you will be supporting registered Social Workers in assessing, planning and delivering interventions to children and families, including supporting step-down processes and transfer to Early Help services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking assessment work and interventions with children, young people, parents/carers and families, many of whom will have complex and multiple needs.
- Contributing to the assessment and planning processes for Children in Need, Children Looked After and children subject to a Child Protection Plan.
- Managing a caseload assessing needs, risks and options, considering legal and other requirements, providing interventions and monitoring / evaluating progress.
- Undertaking direct work with families in a variety of ways which could include individual, group, adult and child support work, and family work.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work undertaken and produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, resource panels and other agencies.
- GCSE English and Maths, or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- QCF Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent), or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience.
- An understanding of systems, procedures and policies relevant to Children’s Social Care.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development of children and young people, and age-appropriate behaviour.
- Experience of working with children/young people and their families in crisis or complex situations.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K