To contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Children’s Social Care Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and young people continuously improving outcomes.
To be responsible for social work provision including managing own caseload whilst managing the reputation of the Department and Council and complying with national and service procedures and guidance.
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children’s Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
- Model critical reflection and evidence based decision making and support others in developing these.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods derived from them.
- Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Deliver protective and/or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after. To maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
- Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations. Model and help others develop communication skills
- Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of Chair as required.
- Undertake Achieving Best Evidence interviews as required.
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families in line with Children in Need, Child Protection and Care plans.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and in partnership within the Council and across multi - agency boundaries.
- Contribute to current practice expectations, indentifying areas of poor practice issues and taking appropriate action.
- Model inclusive practice in relation to identity and diversity, challenging any issues of concern.
- Take responsibility for obtaining regular professional supervision to ensure effective practice, reflection and career development.
- Prepare and participate in Performance and Development Reviews, identifying areas for improvement and carrying out agreed learning and development opportunities including using research to inform practice.
- Take responsibility for the professional learning and development of self and others including participating in team meetings and contributing to the development of the team.
- Be responsible for overseeing the management, teaching and assessment of social work students carrying out practice learning placements.
- Ensure that reports are up to date, of a high quality and submitted according to appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded.
- Be responsible for accurate, sensitive, timely and up to date data entry on all cases including:
- data entry on ICS and any other electronic tools or database
- data required for specific PIs/targets,Due consideration being given to any legal and human rights of the individuals concerned.
- Ensure that client information data is lawfully gathered, accurate, up to date and only divulged in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the local government common law duty of confidentiality. Failure to apply these duties can lead to the individual or the Service facing court proceedings.
- Undertake any other duties as directed from time-to-time to meet the exigencies of the service.
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible be work in the U.K.