To join a new project to focus on reablement of people being discharged from hospital, into 4 short stay beds in a Nursing home before returning home.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to assess the reablement needs of individuals recently discharged from the hospital, tailoring physiotherapy plans to meet their specific requirements.
- Conducting thorough physical assessments to identify functional limitations and establish baseline capabilities, utilizing standardised assessment tools where applicable.
- Developing and implementing individualised physiotherapy treatment plans aimed at maximising independence, mobility, and functional abilities.
- Administrating a range of physiotherapy interventions, including therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, and assistive device training, to enhance residents' physical well-being.
- Providing education to residents and their families on reablement strategies, exercises, and techniques to support their continued progress and independence.
- Working closely with nursing staff, occupational therapists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure a holistic approach to reablement, addressing the diverse needs of each individual.
- Regularly evaluating and documenting the progress of residents, adjusting treatment plans as needed to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Collaborating with the care team to facilitate a seamless transition for residents back to their homes, providing appropriate home exercise programs and necessary equipment recommendations.
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a clinical physiotherapy setting.
- Experience in reablement, community rehabilitation, or transitional care.
- Strong clinical reasoning and assessment skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Empathy and patience in working with individuals experiencing physical challenges.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines related to physiotherapy practice.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K