Archer Resourcing have a unique opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the Reablement and Discharge to Assess Team in Southwark.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and responding to clients’ needs in changing circumstances, including anticipating and responding to the effects of certain degenerative medical conditions.
- Developing and setting goals within a multidisciplinary team, to achieve short- and long-term rehabilitation and functional gains to maximise independence.
- Following through the provision of equipment, assistive technology and telecare, fitting this where necessary, and teaching techniques of use to client, carers and other relevant professionals.
- Researching and analysing the suitability, cost, safety and effectiveness of equipment and adaptations.
- Determining the necessary adaptations to clients homes and arrange for these to be carried out in liaison with professionals from a range of disciplines.
- Promoting access to paid employment, training, rehabilitation, social and leisure opportunities as part of promoting each person’s independence and social inclusion, and to work with local and community groups to make them welcoming and accessible to disabled people.
- Ensuring that services are provided in accordance with current departmental policies, guidelines, and practice statements. To implement strategies to combat discrimination.
- Assisting in the mentoring/supervision of students undertaking professional training assigned to the work area.
- To be a registered Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), holding a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification.
- Knowledge of current and proposed legislation particularly that relating to Adults and how it applies to Occupational Therapy practice.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
- Willingness to complete an enhanced DBS if you do not currently hold one.
- Team: Reablement and Discharge to Assess
- Duration: 3 – 6 months initially
- Hours: 9 – 5 ~ Hybrid
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K