Working as a Children's Social Worker, you will be contributing to the operational delivery of an effective Children’s Social Care Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and young people continuously improving outcomes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Holding and effectively managing a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children’s Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertaking Achieving Best Evidence interviews as and when required.
- Undertaking work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Take responsibility for obtaining regular professional supervision to ensure effective practice, reflection and career development.
- Being accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
- Demonstrating a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods derived from them.
- Communicating skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations.
- Social Work qualification and registration with Social Work England.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience in statutory Children’s Social Care service.
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and other relevant assessment and planning tools.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced skill level in applying needs-led assessment and planning.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
- Willingness to complete an enhanced DBS if you do not currently hold one.
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K