Working as a Children’s Senior Social Worker, you will be undertaking professional and comprehensive casework for a complex caseload of children and young people. You will be maintaining high professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods, as well as providing guidance and support to less experienced staff to help them develop their professional skills and knowledge.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing an allocated caseload appropriate to the extensive experience of the Senior Social Worker, to include complex assessments of children, families and parenting and other work to meet statutory requirements.
- Working with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, engender change enabling them to clarify and express their needs, and contribute to service planning.
- Maintaining up to date case notes and other records and write reports, including court reports, and give evidence in court.
- Undertaking specialist assessments, for your and other workers’ cases, for court proceedings, including parenting and kinship assessments.
- Ensuring that casework is up to date, comprehensively written up, and managed within agreed timescales.
- Ensuring the supervisor is kept fully appraised of problems arising from cases or work load and to seek advice as and when necessary.
- Working with families, to recognise monitor and assess risk. To ensure information about risk is escalated to managers in a timely manner.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
- Social Work Degree.
- Registration with Social Work England.
- Experience of identifying the needs of children and young people and establishing targeted planning to meet their needs.
- Extensive knowledge of social work practices and processes, including child protection, children in care, and child in need.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, guidance and policies.
- DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
- Willingness to complete an enhanced DBS if you do not currently hold one.
- Team: Child Protection Team
- Duration: 3 - 6 months initially
- Hours: 9 - 5 ~ Hybrid
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K