- Assisting in the effective delivery of relevant statutory obligations
- Responding to enquiries from homeowners, private landlords, tenants, and vulnerable client groups regarding grants and home improvements.
- Providing customer advice and assistance on matters relating to grants, home improvements. Providing effective administrative services which support the smooth and efficient running of the service.
- Maintaining databases to enable monitoring of casework across the unit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking all duties associated with the coordination and administrative support to the Private Sector unit in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures, council standing orders and financial regulations.
- Providing high quality, confidential and trustworthy customer focused services to home owners, landlords, tenants and lettings agencies.
- Following procedures to ensure the effective administration of applications for home improvement grants or loans and disabled facilities grants, including fees, charges and payments.
- Ensuring value for money by accurate record keeping, verification of information provided by applicants to check for breaches and potential fraud.
- Handling cash, cheques, credit/debit card payments and monitor payments to contractors.
- Working flexibly as part of a team to ensure individual and team targets are met.
- Contributing to service innovation to continually improve outcomes for the residents of the borough.
- Carrying out all tasks with due regard to the Councils policies and procedures with particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Some formal housing qualification would be desirable however experience will also be taken into account
- Knowledge of private sector housing issues facing a local authority in an inner city area.
- Knowledge of the needs of elderly or vulnerable clients.
- Basic knowledge of legislation relating to grants and home improvements.
- Basic knowledge of the Housing Health & Safety Rating System.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of providing quality outcomes for residents.
- Experience of operating a range of programmes and data bases.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K