As a Housing Advice and Homeless Prevention Officer, you will be responsible for proactively delivering housing options advice, including security of tenure, low cost home ownership, preventing homelessness, investigating householder circumstances and undertaking statutory assessments in order to determine the best options and resources available on a case by case basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively supporting the management of the service delivering a professional, responsive and individualised service to Hillingdon residents requiring housing advice and to explore and sign-post to housing options.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the Council’s Customer Care Standards and ensuring that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of ‘putting our residents first’.
- Providing holistic, informed and accurate housing advice which is “right first time”, to all approaches to the service.
- Supporting, coaching and empowering residents to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
- Contributing to communicating clearly and effectively with staff, customers and their representatives, Elected Members, colleagues and other third parties around all aspects of the service delivery and linkages with other areas.
- Contributing to preparing and implementing the housing strategy, homelessness strategy, rough sleepers’ strategy, allocations policy as it relates to housing need, and to undertake projects related to the development of the service area.
- Being able to provide advice on a range of housing options, including low cost home ownership which promotes self-service, independence and prevents homelessness.
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a relevant field: NVQ, Diploma, relevant degree or relevant experience.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a focus on homelessness prevention and housing options.
- In-depth knowledge of housing policies, local authority procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a rota system for the Emergency Out of Hours Housing Service, offering housing advice and sourcing emergency accommodation, if required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a front facing team interviewing and assessing clients with a need for assistance.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K