We are looking for Homeless Prevention Officers to join dedicated teams across London. We work with numerous authorities, charities and providers across London to give you access to the best pay rates on the market.
Responsibilities include, but aren't limited to:
- To advise those who are threatened with homelessness in order to prevent homelessness.
- Managing a caseload of individuals
- To determine whether applicants are owed a statutory duty under the 1996 Housing Act, Part 7 as amended.
- Deal effectively with correspondence from customers and their advocates, MP’s, housing providers, statutory and voluntary agencies etc. This may involve preparing information to support court cases or panel hearings.
- Make appropriate referrals to partner agencies and organisations to help with issues such as access to private rented accommodation, benefits, relationship breakdown, debt, budgeting, warrant, substance misuse, domestic abuse, rough sleeping, mental health, health, support, complex needs and learning difficulties.
- Process and assess applications for housing and welfare benefits, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation and policies.
- Experience of assisting vulnerable individuals and challenging clients
- Extensive experience and detailed knowledge of the use of IT systems, including data processing, finance, and Microsoft systems.
- Engaging attitude and able to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- 1+ years’ experience as a Housing officer/ homeless prevention officer
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle is advantageous.
- Enhanced DBS. Dated within the last 12 months- on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 3-6 months
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the UK.