This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Our client is an award-winning and innovative women-only organisation which was established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to female survivors of domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. In your role as a Community Key Worker, you will be working with women involved in the Criminal Justice System; those on Probation in the Community and those women being released from prison as part of their Post Sentence Supervision.
*Including but not limited to
- Provide an in-reach prison service to women via video call/telephone and face to face prior to leaving custody to assist in preparing them for release and meeting them at the gate upon release.
- Regularly meet with women to provide dedicated emotional and practical support, adopting a trauma informed, non-judgmental approach to empower women towards an independent, safe, crime free life in line with our clients vision and mission.
- Attend the different probation offices in the region you cover
- Consistently review your work, obtaining feedback from clients on exit from the service and using this to inform the development of our services.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months – on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
- 1+ years’ experience working in a previous role within the substance misuse field
- Full U.K. driving licence
- Significant experience of working with women experiencing issues related to offending (e.g., homelessness, substance misuse, domestic violence, mental health or other relevant work area) preferably within criminal justice setting
- Ability to manage a varied caseload and experience of prioritising and organising your own workload, with an ability to cope with lone working and being managed remotely
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please call us direct on 01473939670
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K