About the Job
You will develop and offer a creative range of services for children and their families to meet needs as identified e.g. undertaking direct work and purposeful interventions with children, young people, parents / carers, families and groups, and delivering support packages or specific programmes.
Services will be provided in partnership with families, aiming to support them to make positive change and to enable children and young people to reach their full potential.
You will need to establish effective working relationships with colleagues within Children’s Social Care, Foster Carers and other statutory and voluntary agencies, for example staff from health and education, in order to provide an integrated service.
1. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately in ways that promote understanding, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to persuade and successfully convince others of the need to take a specific course of action and gain the trust of service users.
2. Ability to analyse and interpret information in order to manage casework with children / young people and their families, assessing needs, setting objectives and reviewing progress.
3. Ability to engage and intervene in partnership with children/young people, their families and other external agencies in order to effect positive and lasting change. Ability to work in an empowering way, focusing on collective strengths and resources, e.g. using a solution focused approach, and responding flexibly to diverse groups and service users whilst maintaining confidentiality.
4. Ability to prioritise and manage own workload, co-ordinating a range of tasks in a clear and logical way to meet agreed deadlines, whilst working towards clear goals. Able to reflect on own practice and learn from experience, taking responsibility for proactive professional development.
5. Ability to maintain clear, accurate records of all work undertaken and produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court panels and other agencies.
6. Sound and accurate IT skills, including report writing, maintaining accurate records, ensuring confidentiality, and protecting information
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible be work in the U.K.