Archer Resourcing are looking for an experienced Outreach Worker to join the dedicated team in Newham. The successful candidate will deliver and ensure that contact is made and sustained with rough sleepers in a specific area. Ensuring appropriate assessments and referrals are undertaken and that all clients are engaged with services in order to receive support towards ensuring they move from the streets and into accommodation or reconnection services.
*Including but not limited to
- Under take Outreach work on a rota basis including working early mornings, late nights and at weekends if required.
- To assess the needs of people rough sleeping and to provide them with a variety of options of support services/accommodation in liaison with other agencies and specialist workers
- To advocate, where appropriate, on behalf of people rough sleeping with external agencies regarding their welfare rights, Primary Health Care needs and other issues affecting their Health and well being.
- To maintain a caseload of clients. Offer clients assertive, consistent ongoing guidance & support until they are in a position to be able to move from the street into accommodation or reconnection services and/or other appropriate support services.
- To source accommodation for clients within or connected to the area
- To take part in the evaluation and development of services within the Outreach Team.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months – on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
- 1+ years’ experience working in a previous role within the substance misuse field
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle is advantageous
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on 01473 939670.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible be work in the U.K.