- To contribute to achieving the Council’s Vision by providing a comprehensive Food Safety in accordance with Service Development Plans, performance targets, legislation and the Council’s service standards and policies. Note: This temporary post is to cover current sickness absence in the Food Safety Team and provide short term additional resource to help achieve the team’s inspection targets.
- To work jointly with others, within the team, the Council and with other organisations, in order to find co-operative and creative solutions to environmental health problems that deliver best practice and value for money, and to develop the contribution of environmental health to the achievement of the Council’s Vision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining an awareness of and complying with the service standards, performance and quality management arrangements of the service, and meet personal targets as a contribution to their achievement.
- Fostering an innovative and open environment within the service, where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- Showing flexibility in responding to and delivering change, and make use of the technology available to deliver and improve services.
- Working within the spirit and intention of equal opportunities and customer care, recognising and valuing diversity in the community and workplace, and promoting the same.
- Working in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974, and related Council policies and procedures, and encourage others to do so.
- Undertaking personal development and learning related to the duties of the job and changes affecting the job.
- Undertaking research and consultation, and report findings, on Environmental Health and related matters.
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Health, accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- At least 2 years recent work as an Environmental Health Officer in the field of food safety within local authority Environmental Health departments.
- Written and verbal skills/abilities to achieve desired outcomes with a variety of target groups.
- Extensive understanding of technical and legal aspects of food safety.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver a busy and varied workload of both planned and reactive work in accordance with an established performance framework.
- Competency in the use of MS Office suite.
- Self-motivated, well organised and capable of working under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel widely, either by having a current driving licence and providing a car or by having access to appropriate alternative means of transport.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months - on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K