Archer Resourcing have a unique opportunity for a Community Dementia Mental Health Nurse in East London.
Key Skills / Job Duties:
- Managing a caseload of patients ensuring high-quality post-diagnostic care, in line with local protocols and evidence-based nursing care.
- Providing reviews of dementia medication efficacy both at the service and home visits where appropriate for patients starting medications and make recommendations to GP.
- Support patients in developing Advanced Care Planning; run Cognitive Stimulation Groups (CST groups) using START model (working with relatives in behaviour techniques) and Mild Cognitive impairment (MCI) Clinics- recalling MCI patients for review once every 6-12 months
- Following up on Out of Hours (OOH) referrals (Medical/Urgent Care Services) if review at home is required
- Recognising potential crisis situations and act responsively and reasonably to resolve the situation.
- Nursing Degree or equivalent
- Registered Nurse with the NMC
- Recent experience in the community and dementia within the last 12 months is a must, training is not needed but can be beneficial.
- Enhanced DBS, dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
- Willingness to complete an enhanced DBS if you do not currently hold one.
- NHS trust on request
- Department: Dementia
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday (37.5 Hours Per Week, 9 am - 5 pm)
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K