Archer Resourcing have a great new Band 7 Ward Manager position available in South London!
If you are looking to be part of a well-respected and dedicated team, then this could be the role for you! This role can be challenging at times, but alternatively can be extremely rewarding. The successful candidate will need to have advanced knowledge and skills in caring and supporting individuals, as well as having past experience in a managerial role.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Take responsibility for the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Children.
- Co-ordinating bed management for the ward.
- To lead in the recruitment, selection, and retention of staff in the clinical area in conjunction with other heads of profession where appropriate
- Ensure the ward is adequately and safely staffed within the agreed budget and nursing resources are used efficiently to meet identified needs.
- Participating in budget setting and report areas of concern to the Line Manager and Head of Nursing
- Ensure that effective communication is established within the service and external departments, e.g., attendance at regular staff meetings, attendance at Ward Managers meetings, CPA meetings and team briefing.
- Ensuring ward hygiene and ward cleanliness is maintained
- Ensure that systems are in place for the safekeeping of patient’s property
- Ensure effective implementation, dissemination and monitoring of all Directorate and Trust-wide policies
- To investigate complaints, accidents, and critical incidents in accordance with agreed procedure and prepare timely reports.
- To provide monthly reports to the Line Manager as required
- Active NMC registration
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in similar role
- Degree Relevant
- Enhanced DBS. Dated within the last 12 months- on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working with people who have experienced serious ongoing mental health problems
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
- Management qualification
- Good organisation skills
- Knowledge of performance management procedures
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K