Working as a Substance Misuse Nurse, you will be playing a crucial role in providing comprehensive nursing care and support to individuals dealing with substance misuse issues. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of addiction, a commitment to harm reduction and the ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that the delivery of nursing care is inline with the standards set out in the NMC code of conduct.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting thorough assessments of clients with substance misuse issues to determine their physical, mental, and social needs.
- Developing individualised care plans in collaboration with clients, incorporating harm reduction strategies and recovery goals.
- Responding to crisis situations promptly and effectively, providing support and intervention as necessary.
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to address immediate concerns and develop crisis management plans.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records, documenting assessments, care plans, interventions, and progress.
- Nursing degree.
- Current and valid registration with the NMC.
- Knowledge of the health issues related to substance misuse.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability.
- Enhanced DBS, dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
Working with Archer Resourcing Ltd:
We have been helping all health care professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting efficiently, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, then please call Archer direct on the provided contact details.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K