- Working with those who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping, in hospital and require support to return home.
- Providing housing options, advice and guidance to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness with the aim to assist with prevention of homelessness at the earliest possible stage.
- Administering applications from residents approaching the Council as homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- Determining applications to join the Council’s Housing Waiting List
- Administering applications for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary awards and providing financial advice and support to clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction in accordance with national legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Working with clients to resolve queries relating to their claim for Housing Benefit and or Council Tax Reduction.
- Working directly with clients to administer claims for discretionary financial support with regards to Discretionary Housing Payments, Homelessness Prevention Grants and Loans, or any other scheme that may be introduced nationally or locally.
- Assessing claims for discretionary financial support in accordance with national legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Working with external agencies referring cases where more in-depth budgetary / debt advice and support is required.
- Working across the Housing Advice and Benefits Team and wider Communities and Homes Service to ensure that services are robust, harmonious, and meet the needs of clients.
- Actively contributing to the future development of the service.
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement within the team, with all team members involved and responsible for taking the service forward.
- A good understanding of the legislation used for decision making regarding Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Discretionary Financial Support schemes administered by the team (including Homeless Prevention Grants).
- Previous experience of assessing claims for Housing Benefit and or Council Tax Reduction.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with a wide range of people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Experience of explaining complex issues in a face to face, telephone based or video-based environment.
- The ability to work well within a team and under own initiative and of maintaining professional boundaries with clients and partner agencies.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle to undertake home visits.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K
*This is a hybrid position