As a Benefits and Housing Needs Assistant, you will be playing a crucial role in supporting individuals in navigating the complexities of housing and benefits systems. Your primary responsibilities will include providing guidance on benefit applications, conducting housing assessments, and assisting clients in accessing appropriate support services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting clients in understanding and applying for various benefits, including Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, and Disability Allowance.
- Staying updated on changes in benefit regulations and policies to ensure accurate and current information is provided.
- Conducting housing assessments to identify the specific needs and requirements of clients.
- Advocating on behalf of clients to ensure their needs are met within the realms of housing and benefits.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of client interactions and support provided.
- Providing advice on tenancy agreements, eviction prevention, and housing rights.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the social services sector.
- Knowledge of the UK benefits system, housing regulations, and related policies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and a non-judgmental approach when dealing with individuals facing housing and benefit challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, colleagues, and external agencies.
- Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months. On the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today.
Working with Archer Resourcing
We have been helping professionals find exciting new roles for a number of years, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
Due the high demand of CV's received we are unable to respond to all applications. However, we may hold your CV on file and contact you for future suitable roles.
We also offer a £250 referral bonus should you know of anyone who may be interested.
Must be eligible to work in the U.K